CLOCS Champions in action
4 May 2021
We are always grateful for CLOCS Champions getting involved above and beyond the requirements set out in the CLOCS Standard. We value each and every engagement.
Thank you to Kate Cairns from See me, Save me for going the extra mile with our CLP training.
Thank you to everyone who trialled CLOCS Vox including SRM, Tarmac, B+K, Tideway, Lendlease and Willmott Dixon. Below is some of the feedback they provided demonstrating their commitment to safety beyond the hoardings.
- Sir Robert McAlpine trialled Vox across three projects in London. Paul Smith, Logistics Manager commented, “Any product that we can introduce or be a part of that ultimately makes our streets safer places can only be a positive. Good feedback is rewarding but poor feedback is more beneficial as it allows us to continue to strive to improve. The CLOCS Vox app gives our delivery drivers the voice they have never had and allows them to make suggestions and improve the way we work.”
- Garry Lewis, Transport Standards Manager at Tarmac said, “CLOCS Vox does exactly what it says on the tin and gives the drivers, many of whom either feel that they have no voice or cannot use it, the opportunity to feedback on site related safety issues that impact all users of the public highways.”
- Rebecca Williams, Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager at Bowmer + Kirkland said, “The app was easy to integrate into our Gate Team’s duties. They found it a good talking point. From a monitoring perspective, the online dashboard enables us to review trends and learn from the information that it can provide.”
CLOCS Safety Forum
For their invaluable support with the events and the supporting materials, thank you to:
Also like to thank the speakers and chairs:
- Graham Bellman
- Jacqui O'Donovan, O'Donovan
- Martin Lockham, Mates in Mind
- Andrew Overton and Dan Newman, AddSecure (formerly Connexas)
- Ruth Trant, Alandale
- John Moran, Flannery
- Richard Golding, Day Group
CLOCS Working Group
Thank you to everyone that attended. Special thanks to Richard Burnham, Readypower Terrawise, and Martin Blake, University of Manchester, for facilitating the breakout rooms.
Thank you to SCAPE. The team there have been actively promoting their involvement recently.
If we have missed you off, it wasn’t intentional. We’d be more than happy to mention any involvement in future bulletins if you let us know.
Latest NewsFORS Annual Conference welcomes largest ever delegation
28 Nov 2023Construction Clients' Leadership Group
28 Nov 2023SSGB Refresh
28 Nov 2023